Glassblowing Classes and Workshops
To see the current class offerings at Slow Burn Glass, scroll down and view our class calendar. To book a class, click the picture of the class on the date & time that you want to take and fill out your information.
We look forward to blowing glass with you!
Beginner Glass Blowing - Our most popular class, the 3-hour Beginner Glass Blowing Class is the perfect introduction to the art form of blowing glass. This class is ideal for those who are interested in learning about the glassblowing process and thrive with the support of our experienced glassblowers.
Continuing Glass Blowing - Designed as a continuation of the Beginner Glass Blowing experience, this class allows students to practice what they have learned while gaining new instruction in the fundamentals of glassblowing. This is a 3-hour class that is taught to the skill level achieved with the previous Beginner class, which is a required pre-requisite for this class.
Molten Hot Date Night (NEW!) - Turn the heat up on a Friday night by learning something new and exhilarating with your romantic partner. What you create is up to you. Afterward, reflect on the heat of the moment together with a complimentary (handmade) glass of wine and delectable cheese that pair together as beautifully as art and glass; you and your loved one; Friday and date night. You get the idea.
Floral Vase/Floppy Bowl - This 2-hour intro class is designed to teach students to make their own blown glass vase or ruffled bowl. Each student will learn the basic skills for making a beautiful, functional, one-of-a-kind piece. No previous glassblowing experience is required.
Wine or Beer Glass - This 2-hour intro-level class is designed to teach students to make their own pilsner-style beer glass or a classic stemless wine glass. Each student will learn the basic skills to see how drinking glasses are made for everyday use.
Workshops - Make your own work of art for every season! Our workshops run for only one hour to provide a bite-sized taste of glass working. Workshops make a great date, family activity, or group outing. Each project is seasonal, so make sure to come back and make different projects all year round, like Holiday ornaments, Valentine's hearts, springtime flowers, and Halloween pumpkins, just to name a few!
Private Parties - The best way to enjoy glassblowing is to rent out the whole studio with your friends! Private parties are surprisingly affordable, and unsurprisingly LOTS of fun. See "Parties" under the "Contact Us" tab for pricing and more info.
Private Lessons - Did you know we offer private, personalized, one-on-one glassblowing lessons? Email Krista at [email protected] or call (510) 778-1548 for more details.
- Please wear all cotton or natural fiber clothing (jeans and a t-shirt = good!) and closed-toe shoes (tennis shoes, sneakers, boots = good!). Long pants are required for particpants under the age of 18 (no shorts). Pull long hair up and away from your face.
- It gets quite toasty in our studio, so bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
- Parking lot and street parking is available.
- Please arrive to class 10 minutes early so that we may begin our session promptly on the hour.
- Your glass project needs to cool, so it will not be ready to take home the day of your class. Please pick up your project within 30 days. Projects left on the Student Work shelf for longer than 30 days are subject to removal to make space for other students' work.
- All classes, private lessons, and workshops are locked in one week ahead of time so that we can properly schedule instructors and our studio.
- All classes are for ages 12 and older. No exceptions.
- Classes are held with a 3-student minimum and a 7-student max.
- Students who cancel or reschedule their reservations within 2 days of the class, or who miss their appointment times, will be charged a $40 rescheduling fee. Please notify us if you need to change your reservation ASAP.
- Please register each individual person in your group. Be sure to select the number of students in your group from the drop-down menu on the registration page, and write in everyone's names in the space provided.